Mr. Ubi Franklin is the CEO of Made Men Music Group (TrippleMG), a serial entrepreneur cutting across various industries from real estate to transportation and a host of others.
To become the best, you have to learn from the best, you might not adopt their every principle, but you must not neglect the areas where you still need to learn. After many years in business, Ubi teaches us that to have disruptive growth, you need to adhere to the following principles;
1. Don’t go to people when you don’t have anything to give: this is very powerful because most people with business ideas are eager to meet potential investors even without concrete plans. Make it a habit to meet people with a “value exchange” mindset.
Everyone cares about what’s in it for them, don’t go about selling your product or service, rather sell the value you bring. Like Apostle Joshua Selman says “Never meet a man higher than you empty handed, look for something to honor him, because honor is the key to access”.
2. Every Season Comes with different things: Much more than anything, you need to understand the seasons in your life. If you are in your planting season and you try to prove to everyone that you are harvesting, it’ll not be long before you crash land.
Master the seasons in your life and work accordingly. The best quote I’ve heard that best explains this is ” Don’t compare your chapter 5 to someone else’s chapter 25″. Life is in phases and if you make good use of this season, better things will definitely be ahead.
3. Expand your current Structures: the capacity of the container would determine how much content it can carry. Nobody would give you more than that which you can handle.
If there is anything you should be doing daily, it is to work on expanding your capacity and one of the ways you can expand your capacity is by reading books. If you can successfully handle a project of 1 million Naira, then someone can commit 10 million Naira into your hands. Stop complaining, be better.
4. Be willing to make others rich: in a very selfish world, to be rich, you have to be willing to make others rich. Like Zig Zigglar says ” You can have everything you want, as long as you help other people get what they want”.
Most entrepreneurs looking for investors, requests them to fill a non disclosure agreement, but most investors see this as lack of trust. Entrepreneurs should get to the point where they are more concerned about adding value to humanity and not putting self over business.
5. Learn how to negotiate like a pro: Just like Mr. Washington, a great early mentor of Les Brown, one of the world’s best speakers, taught him, “Develop your communication skills, because once you open your mouth, you tell the world who are”.
There are a lot of skills to learn as an entrepreneur, and one of the inevitable skills is the art of negotiation. Every successful businessman has mastered the art of negotiation, and once you can negotiate like a pro, you can have almost anything you want.